Thursday, March 6, 2008

20 Year Journey

Ottumwa lucky to have a specialist like Dr. Coram. On one of my annual visits to Fairfield, my son told me about hockey teammates who had career-ending injuries until they were treated by Dr. Charles Coram, a chiropractor in Ottumwa. The teammates were soon playing hockey again and attributed their recovery solely to Dr. Coram’s efforts. This got my attention.
My son suggested that I see Dr. Coram because of 20 years of extreme leg pain from chronic sciatica that recently prevented me from sleeping in bed for more than an hour at a time. I agreed, and after my first treatment was able to sleep in bed all night!
I live in Ann Arbor, Mich. (a nine-and-one-half-hour drive from Ottumwa each way), and as a recently retired professor at the University of Michigan, have seen many specialists over the past 15 years — doctors including neurologists and other specialists, MDs, physical therapists, even an acupuncturist — who have all treated me for this problem without much success.
I am now traveling to Ottumwa each month to be treated by Dr. Coram, who is the only medical professional who has been able to provide relief for my problem or any improvement in my overall condition. Each of my treatments has taken two-to-four hours, but has been unbelievably helpful. I see a noticeable improvement in my overall condition each time I meet with Dr. Coram. Ottumwa is very lucky to have such a helpful health specialist in its community.
Layman E. Allen
Professor of Law, Emeritus
Law School, University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Mich.

No comments: